Friday, March 26, 2010

Moving Right Along

Well, I'm moving right along with my recovery. I went to the kids school yesterday. Rico had an IEP meeting. I wanted to go to show that, no matter what, when it's my child's education that is involved, I would be there.

It was nice to see the school staff. The meeting went well. Rico has his IEP for speech only, so it was just a matter of talking about goals and setting them up for the next year. By the way, his speech has improved tremendously. When he first went into speech, a little over 3 years ago, he could only say 18 out of 88 sounds tested. Now he only needs work with a few sounds.

I did pay the price for all the walking, though. I had to walk from the car to the office to sign in, then down 2 halls to get to the meeting. Later in the day I was wiped out, and slept for a good 3 hours.

But still, I feel like I'm making good progress!

1 comment:

  1. Marie you are supermom! I am in Denver looking at colleges with BIGFOOT but when I return I will send you the book I had promised on school law...I finally found where I stashed it!

    Wishing you well on the hip recovery!
    XXOO, Marey

    ReplyDelete