Saturday, July 4, 2009

Kittens!!!

Kids today, what are you going to do with them? (Note the one on Mama's head.)


It began last night, around dinner time. The Mama cat, her name is Princess Daisy (named after the Mario Kart character) was excessively licking herself and didn't want to let me out of her sight. Ok, I knew that meant it was nearly time.

Well, all night long it went on. She was purring, cuddling, restless. I dozed fitfully and finally fell into a deep sleep around 3 am, Mama on the bed with me. Around 6 am, she woke me to tell me it was time. The first kitten was delivered around 6:30 am and the last at 9:am. In all, she delivered 5 kittens, with one being born still. All the surviving ones are mostly black, one is black and white and one is calico with black being the predominant color.





Mama and babies are doing well. Marielle and Rico are very excited. They can't wait for the kittens to be old enough to play with.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the kitties!! They look so cute!

    I had to laugh at the Michael Jackson skin color comment...when Lex was little she asked the same thing...when she was born he was already light skinned...Michael Jackson used to be black??

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete