Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bad Dog...

So today, Cisco, our Lab went to the vet for his annual check up. He's healthy as a horse....and as big. He tipped the scales at a whopping 115 lbs. Now, we knew that he'd be a big lab, his dad was over 85 lbs but uh, I guess he's been dipping in at the food dish a little too often.

The hard thing is that we also have a Border Collie who is normal weight and if we feed them together she will nip and growl and keep him away from the food. So we usually let her eat then just put food out and let Cisco eat at will. Well, that won't be happening anymore. He's on a diet. Two cups of food a day. No treats. Well, maybe just a few if I cave. He really is food driven and I use treats to get him to do what I want him to do...how else do you get a 115 lb dog to do what you want him to do?

1 comment:

  1. Now that's one big dog! Funny I don't remember him being that big when I saw him a few years back...I weigh just a little more than him! Yikes....you would need treats to make him do what you need :)

    ReplyDelete