Monday, February 2, 2009

There was a game on?

Yesterday, the high was in the low 70's. A perfectly warm, sunny afternoon and the kids had a mini golfing party to go to that started at 3 p.m. Do you think we watched the Superbowl?

Ok, I'm sure if you live in the land of ice and cold, there was a lot of expectation of something different to do yesterday. I'm sure some folks, well, maybe a lot of folks, who live in Pittsburgh and Arizona, thought yesterday was a big deal.

But for us, when I mentioned watching some football, after the mini golf party, the response I got in our house was, "I hate football". The kids were disappointed that one of the few TV shows I allow them to watch, which is America's Funniest Home Videos, was not on because of the football game. Yes, I know the Superbowl was on another channel, but for some reason ABC chose to move AFV to 10 pm in our time zone and there was no way the kids were going to stay up and watch it then. I did TIVO it for them, so maybe we'll watch some of it this afternoon, after homework and reading is done.

I admit that I did watch a bit of the game, mostly the last part of the 4th quarter. It was a good ending, very exciting, how you want a football game to be, a question of which team will win, right down to the last minute. But mostly, we just ignored football in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment