Sunday, May 10, 2009

One more thing....

There was a time in life when I thought that the definition of a good mother was one who raised their children to be productive, decent adults.

But, I've since learned that some of the best mothers never get to see their children become adults. They sit by their children's side, they hold them in their arms and they watch them suffer the horrible side effects of chemo. They spend days and nights at the hospital, they give medicines, clean up barf and still shine through with love for their child. And then, they have to say goodbye, all the while wishing they could have one more day, one more hour, one more minute with their beloved child.

My heart is with all the mothers today who ache for the loss of their child. I cannot fathom your extremely huge loss, but I can ache for you. How bittersweet Mother's Day must be for you.

1 comment: