Sunday, October 2, 2011

I don't feel like cooking....

That's how I felt last night. It was a busy day and I just didn't feel like cooking. But, I won't fast food it. Too expensive...if I'm going to serve less than healthy, good food, well, I'll make it at home and pay pennies instead of $20 for a quick meal for us.

So, the kids chose Chef Boyardee mini raviolis and I had a Progresso hearty soup for dinner. We paired it with half a loaf of french bread and some fruit.

Mini raviolis, 1 can (the kids split it) 89 cents (on sale)
Bread, 1/2 a loaf 99 cents
Soup, Progresso (0n sale) $1.29
Fruit $2.00

Total cost for dinner for 3 of us, a little over $5.00

Side note on couponing: One way to get coupons for items you use all the time, is to "like" them on Facebook. Many manufacturer's will offer coupons to FB followers, that you can just print off your computer and save money on items you buy anyway.

Another thing you can do, is write the manufacturer, telling them that you like their product and requesting coupons. It takes only a little time, but you'll save money.

If you don't get a Sunday paper, you can also request that the coupons be mailed to you, if you go to the website of the company that makes the coupons. Many will allow you to print them directly from the computer, as well.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds easy...I remember when I could do dinner in a snap...not as easy when they are bigger!

    Ribs are S.O.R.E! I am not lifting a thing all week and hopefully I can run on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete