Friday, October 7, 2011

Leftovers

I know, I know, I hear it all the time, "My family won't eat leftovers". Well, if you are throwing out leftovers, you are throwing away money. It's that simple.

My family isn't keen on leftovers, too. So I re-invent them.

We had left over chicken from the salsa chicken sandwiches I'd made. So, rather than toss it out, I reinvented it as a pasta dish.

This is what I used:


I made half a box of pasta, per the instructions. Then, I added one tablespoon butter and one tablespoon sour cream to the pasta, after draining. I cut up the leftover chicken, then some red and yellow bell pepper. I threw in half a can of corn and half a can of olives. Then I added about a quarter cup of italian salad dressing (adjust for taste). I threw that in with the pasta and then topped with some fresh cilantro and viola, here's the dinner:




Now, does this look like leftovers to you?! Everyone loved it and ate it up!


1 comment:

  1. Just wait until the kids are bigger and there are no leftovers! I am lucky if there are enough for lunch the next day...so I get up first and pack my lunch :)

    TGIF!

    ReplyDelete